http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=60121 --- Comment #9 from EpicTux123 <EpicTux123@proton.me> --- (In reply to Hans Leidekker from comment #8)
(In reply to EpicTux123 from comment #7)
If Wine correctly reports your serial number then I don't see a Wine bug.
Well, the same setup (having only a NVME drive) on Windows works, but in Wine it does not. The bug here is that it does not work, simple as that.
It is probably not working in the sense that the proprietary code is requesting such serial in a way that may be legacy or something, which Wine maybe does not have support for. (It is just a guess from me, not something confirmed.)
You said it works for some people which suggests that some version of Wine does support it. You should try comparing your system with one where it does work.
Hmm, I think I have something to ponder for this issue: from the random amount I gathered of feedback from random people, the common scenario to make it work appears to be: Use Debian or a Debian-based distro (preferably Ubuntu; maybe Linux Mint can also work?) and have a SATA drive. My situation is Wine on Arch Linux and a NVME drive only. I have told the devs about this issue and one of them said he is looking into it as the problem is more complex than initially thought. As it seems, it could still be a Wine issue, since people running the game's mod server as root (shenanigans) to validate the serial seems to work. I think the culprit here is the game mode and not Wine, but I am not sure if Wine does not have even 1% of guilt in this case. That is the information I have for know. -- Do not reply to this email, post in Bugzilla using the above URL to reply. You are receiving this mail because: You are watching all bug changes.